A handsome man once sang,
"These are my confessions"
- I'm yet to master the art of wearing hats with my Big hair and Big head, awesome combo.
- I don't always read the ingredients on the containers of the products I buy.
- I'm not sure about my hair type and I honestly can't be bothered about hair science.
- I take my satin hair bonnet with me on ALL my trips so I can sleep with my hair in it and look like an old maid.
- I don't like that my satin bonnet makes me look like an old maid.
- I have tried flat twisting several times and I still do not know how to do it. Thank God for O'Naturals hair salon. P.S: Anyone ever tried THREE STRAND TWISTS? Until I can learn to do it, it remains a magic trick to me, same as fish tail braids.
- I prefer my hair when it's stretched out. I hate shrinkage but then I'm sure we all do.
- I'm addicted to how conditioner feels in my hair and what it does to my hair... AH-DDIC-TED.
- I have a habit of trying to convince my family (females) to go natural.
- I sometimes wish I had other people's hair because of the texture and/or the length. The same way I wish every outfit I "liked" in instagram would appear in my closet (in my size of course).
- I texlaxed once, it was horrible.
- I hate it when people touch my hair without asking. It's only polite to ask, I mean C'MON!Here it's called "no home training", well why don't you try to get some? LOL jk
- Even though I really want to, I'm afraid to dye my hair. But I REALLY want to!
- I really wish natural hair was a lot easier to handle. Basic things like combing, pulling it into a pony tail... Let's not forget wash day. Sometimes when I mention to friends that I'm washing my hair, they'd actually say "pele" as in Sorry!
- Because of number 14, I hate wash day.
- Because of 15, I leave my protective style in for a little longer than I should.No A LOT longer actually, I've had my current twists for almost two months now and that's bad cuz it means I haven't washed it in almost two months!
- I hate that I have to re twist my twist outs at night just so they look good the next day, I just get really tired sometimes after a long day.
- And because of 14... My relationship with my hair is bitter-sweet, I mean I have serious love-hate issues.
- Because of 18... Sometimes I miss my relaxed hair. But I don't think I'd ever relax my hair again, I'd just keep cutting it to a length I'm comfortable dealing with.
- I wish I hadn't said 14-19 but I did, meh!
In the end I really do Love being Natural!
What are your Nappy Head confessions?
Please share! I know I'm not alone and I'd love to read your confessions as well.